Suvarnabhumi Airport - Korat

Looking for a Korat map, a doctor, dentist, lawyer, architect, taylor, webdesigner, interior designer, carpenter, handyman, electrician, construction company, real estate agent, school, private teacher, tour guide, travel agent, translator or a government office? Addresses, GE placemarks, phone numbers, pictures, drawings, maps etc. to help find your way around Korat in this section.
Naam Jai (?2008)
Korat-Isaan-Forum-Gast

Suvarnabhumi Airport - Korat

Ungelesener Beitragvon Naam Jai (?2008) » Mi Okt 11, 2006 7:49 pm

Getting there?

One option is to use the Korat- Bangkok bus and get off at Don Muang for the shuttle bus No 554 but how often does it run and how long does the journey officially take?

Second option is to take the Korat bus to Bangkok, Mo Chit bus station and catch the Bangkok to Rayong bus No 9906 which ?apparently stops at the airport on its journey to Rayong but not on the return journey, I am told. The bus leaves Mo Chit hourly on the hour. Please check with http://www.transport.co.th or Call center 025765599. They do speak English if you wait long enough .

Third option
Catch the Nong Khai bus at Korat bus station No825. They claim it arrives Korat at 02.00 and takes +/- 3+ hours.Booking a ticket in advance?Please check at Korat Bus Station where you can pick up the Suvarnabhumi Aiport bus program.
The brochure is free but fairly useless.

Fourth option get a taxi.

Fifth option "Up to You"

KoratCat
Thailand-Forum-Administrator
Ungelesener Beitragvon KoratCat » Mi Okt 11, 2006 9:21 pm

There are reports of a luggage chaos at Suvarnabhumi, that about 20 planes in the last few days started without all luggage on board. Since this morning they"re sorting by hand again. About 6,700 suitcases are said to have stranded in Bkk.

The Airport Authority therefore advices to check in three hours before the flight. They also ask to tie tags with your name, destination and flight number to your luggage plus to put the same info inside it.

Passengers who did not get their luggage can inquire at the thai numbers 02130 / 00 57 58 and 02130 / 0060.

Info about the airport like departure and arrival schedules you can find here:

http://www.bangkokairportonline.com/
Es gibt nichts Gutes, ausser man tut es! Erich Kästner, 1899 - 1974

issanrebel
Korat-Isaan-Forum-Gast

Ungelesener Beitragvon issanrebel » Sa Okt 14, 2006 2:15 pm

There is a list (thai/engl.) with new busses from the eastern region and also a schedule for the Nongkhai - Suvarnabhumi bus (825) at http://www.transport.co.th/tablesuwanapoom2.html (The times for Korat are not given)

Loeng-uan
Korat-Isaan-Forum-Gast

Ungelesener Beitragvon Loeng-uan » Fr Nov 10, 2006 8:23 pm

Maybe its a stupid question, but drive the bus only at 06.00 and 22.30 hour from airport to Khorat ?????? (bus nr. 825)

Maybe someone can help me.

Greating Loeng-uan

Naam Jai (?2008)
Korat-Isaan-Forum-Gast

Flying?

Ungelesener Beitragvon Naam Jai (?2008) » Sa Nov 11, 2006 3:03 am

The Korat Express to Mo Chit stops at Don Muang on request 212bht.
Walk round the corner and the 555 min buses whisk you to Suvarnabhumbi in a half hour service taking 45minutes for 40bht.
So there you have it. The journey from Korat Bus Station to the Airport took exactly 4 hours, but best to leave a little longer to be on the safe side.

Once at the Airport the indicator boards direct you to the Check in point. ( there are toilets nearby). Usual queues but once the airport has fleeced everyone of 500bht airport tax, the transfer through customs is straightforward. King Power has some good offers on spirits etc.. but the real joy are the multitude of cafes selling draught beer and sandwiches. I recommend the Sportsman bar on the left going toward ? Burger King.
Avoid the Thai cafe on the right. The food is cold and the portions small.
Making your way to your departure gate via the moving walk ways is Ok too.
All in all I would say its not nearly as bad as I had been led to believe.
Final installment on return to LOS.

KoratCat
Thailand-Forum-Administrator
Ungelesener Beitragvon KoratCat » Sa Nov 11, 2006 10:01 am

Loeng-uan hat geschrieben:Maybe its a stupid question, but drive the bus only at 06.00 and 22.30 hour from airport to Khorat ?????? (bus nr. 825)

Maybe someone can help me.

Greating Loeng-uan

It's definitely not a stupid question.

Suvarnabhumi is like Rome: all roads leading to it, hardly any from there to where you want to go in Thailand. It's made for the business of taxi drivers with double prices. :(

I've never been to Suvarnabhumi but as with Don Muang I recommend the visitor to have himself picked up by relatives in a car or minibus rented at their home town and not Suvarnabhumi.

@ Loeng-uan
Since you have to go way past Korat town to Amphur Kong. The whole trip by public bus might be a very long, complicated and inconvenient journey. A minibus with driver, rented by Thais up here, usually costs 1.500 Baht a day plus fuel. So the whole tour from Khong to Suvarnabhumi and back to Khong should be around 3.000+ Baht. A Taxi from Suvarnabhumi hired to go from there to Khong is certainly far more.

But maybe someone can shed some light on how to get from Suvarnabhumi to Korat by public transportation besides the twice-a-day Nongkhai-bus?
Es gibt nichts Gutes, ausser man tut es! Erich Kästner, 1899 - 1974

Naam Jai (?2008)
Korat-Isaan-Forum-Gast

Suvarnabhumbi to Korat

Ungelesener Beitragvon Naam Jai (?2008) » So Nov 19, 2006 9:17 pm

Clear Customs and get on the nearby free Shuttle bus to the Bus Station.
Options from there. Bus or Taxi-- Up to you.

We took the 555 Minibus 50bht back to Don Muang. This gave us three options.
1 Bus to Mo Chit
2 Taxi to Mo Chit (100bht)
3 Taxi to Korat

We took option 3 for 2000bht by fast taxi to the door.

Getting a bus from the Bus Station drect to Mo Chit Bus Station seems a problem .
Any suggestions for getting this across to the Bus Company?

The taxis at the airport seem thick and plentiful but we felt they would be more expensive as they seem to have to wait an age to get a fare.

buadhai
Korat-Isaan-Forum-Gast

Re: Flying?

Ungelesener Beitragvon buadhai » Fr Dez 08, 2006 7:07 am

Naam Jai hat geschrieben:The Korat Express to Mo Chit stops at Don Muang on request 212bht.
Walk round the corner and the 555 min buses

Which way is "around the corner"?

Naam Jai (?2008)
Korat-Isaan-Forum-Gast

Don Muang to New Airport

Ungelesener Beitragvon Naam Jai (?2008) » So Dez 10, 2006 8:49 am

buadhai hat geschrieben:Which way is "around the corner"?

The Korat/Bangkok bus stops on the straight road into Bangkok at Don Muang EX international airport road entrance. Walk back the way the bus came from for about 10 yards and you will see the "round the corner" and the 555 mini buses. Buy a 50bht ticket at the desk and board the mini bus.Luggage no problem.Ive done it twice now and it works OK.

Suvarnabhumbi Airport is not nearly as bad as made out in early reports.Check in and toilets OK, moving walkways to the boarding point working, but on return to LOS you catch the shuttle bus to the taxi and bus ranks.When you depart the customs point and arrive outside the airport complex look right or left for the many shuttle bus stops.

buadhai
Korat-Isaan-Forum-Gast

Coming Back to Korat

Ungelesener Beitragvon buadhai » Do Jan 04, 2007 9:47 pm

So, I made it to the airport just fine using the 555 bus from Don Muang to Suvarnabhumi.

As for coming home via Mor Chit. The only options seem to be taxi or public bus from the airport to Mor Chit.

Anyone done this by public bus? Are the public buses from the airport transportation center to Mor Chit easy to find? Air con? Length of trip?

By taxi? What's the approximate fare from the new airport to Mor Chit?

Isaan Rollie
Korat-Isaan-Forum-Gast

Re: Coming Back to Korat

Ungelesener Beitragvon Isaan Rollie » Mi Mär 07, 2007 1:01 pm

buadhai hat geschrieben:So, I made it to the airport just fine using the 555 bus from Don Muang to Suvarnabhumi.

As for coming home via Mor Chit. The only options seem to be taxi or public bus from the airport to Mor Chit.

Anyone done this by public bus? Are the public buses from the airport transportation center to Mor Chit easy to find? Air con? Length of trip?

By taxi? What's the approximate fare from the new airport to Mor Chit?

I wonder about you not telling us of your experience, Mike?

Cheers,

rollie

btw theres another webpage that could be helpful

http://www.airportsuvarnabhumi.com

buadhai
Korat-Isaan-Forum-Gast

Ungelesener Beitragvon buadhai » Mi Mär 07, 2007 4:41 pm

On the way home I took a taxi from Suvarnabhumi to Mor Chit. I think it was around 200 baht. It's very easy to get a taxi and, after the long trip across the Pacific, I was just to tired to look into a public bus.

When I go again (August?) I'll do it the same:

From Korat by bus to Don Muang and by minibus (555) from Don Muang to Suvarnabhumi.

From Suvarnabhumi by taxi to Mor Chit and bus back to Korat.

Isaan Web Wizard
Korat-Isaan-Forum-Gast

Ungelesener Beitragvon Isaan Web Wizard » Sa Jun 02, 2007 4:30 pm

Post moved - - - originally posted by Naam Jai on 21 Mai 2007 06:15 pm as Korat to Suvarnabhumbi and return by bus:

Big Bus Station ask for Ratsima Tour bus with toilet. Select your seat. I prefer near side to offside (road camber). If you don't want the noisy film sit further back. When you get on the bus check the seat reclines or change the seat. 198bht takes you to Don Muang. Be sure to ask for a drop off before the bus leaves and keep an eye on your luggage. It wants to be easily accessible. When you get to Don Muang check out when the "express" mini bus is leaving for Suvarnabhumbi via Tollway before you buy the 50bht ticket + ticket for luggage.Office desk round the corner from the drop off point. Sometimes minibuses go round the houses and stop everywhere.At Suvarnabhumbi ask him to drop you off at departures and your check in point. Number on your ticket docket.

Returning to Korat from Suvarnabhumbi from arrivals. Walk straight past the touts and to the Shuttle bus which takes you to the Passenger Transport Centre. You ask for the mini bus to Mo Chit 2 Bus Station to Korat. 50bht each + 50bht for luggage and you may have to wait up to 30 mins. When you get to Mo Chit Bus Station. go upstairs 3rd floor by lift to the "Ratisima Tour" window to buy your tickets ( 198bht again) There are hundreds of ticket booths all touting for your custom so take advice. Journeys take under 3 hours and drinks and biscuits are offered free. Again make sure you get a bus with a toilet and of course an engine built this century.

Total cost 300 bht including bags each way.
Good luck and please correct me if you know better.

Zurück zu „Korat City Guide“