Korat Dictionary for Farangs

Talk about just anything from politics to science, society, the typical thai girl, etc., or just gossip about. It doesn't need anything to do with Korat, Isaan or Thailand at all.
Naam Jai (?2008)
Korat-Isaan-Forum-Gast

Korat Dictionary for Farangs

Ungelesener Beitragvon Naam Jai (?2008) » Mo Aug 25, 2008 7:36 pm

Nicht Verscheten (with apologies to our German friends)but P.U. was not German. Wasn't he stateless? :i
Zuletzt geändert von Naam Jai (?2008) am Mo Aug 25, 2008 7:39 pm, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Naam Jai (?2008)
Korat-Isaan-Forum-Gast

Re: Farang friends in Korat

Ungelesener Beitragvon Naam Jai (?2008) » Mo Aug 25, 2008 7:46 pm

A Stateless website?
Now that would be good "medicin sans frontiers"
THE family of man?
The language would have to be in Chinese?
Afterall there are more Chinese than any other nationality.
Or Esperanto?

Sorry just waffling.

Isaan Rollie
Korat-Isaan-Forum-Gast

Ungelesener Beitragvon Isaan Rollie » Mo Aug 25, 2008 7:57 pm

Naam Jai hat geschrieben:The language would have to be in Chinese?
Afterall there are more Chinese than any other nationality.
Or Esperanto?

Sorry just waffling.

How 'bout "Koratian"? You set up a dictionary and the didactics and everything. Then we make a poll to see if anybody is interested learning it. If so, we can declare it official language in Korat and have the Thais learn and use it too. 8)

Naam Jai (?2008)
Korat-Isaan-Forum-Gast

Ungelesener Beitragvon Naam Jai (?2008) » Di Aug 26, 2008 6:06 am

A universal language does make life easier, and English does seem to do that,in international circles, but not only because we English are unprepared to speak others languages,ruled half the world once upon a time, but English is a growing ,developing and exciting language to use.English has developed using others language and adopting words but more important its rich historical use. Translations from the religions, interpretation by the bards and of course, the early development of international monetary language and a trading medium. However having said all that it is important that all countries and peoples retain their individuality through language.

To give an example, and very pertinent here, I discovered the word "vituperation" meaning to "criticise abusively" and I am asking for its acceptance in law, as psychological violence by women on men, whenever I get the opportunity. I claim it is as serious as physical violence by men on women. Having a women screaming at you, in your face,"hit me hit me, go on hit me" is as provocative as the act of a good slap.

Would other "farang friends" like to add a new word they have learned of, give its meaning , and relevance here?

roger rabbit
Korat-Isaan-Forum-Gast

Re: Korat Dictionary for Farangs

Ungelesener Beitragvon roger rabbit » Di Aug 26, 2008 9:31 am

"Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" -for the simple benefit of not having to mention anymore all those degrees one was awarded at Oxford, Harvard, Le Sorbonne etc...

Naam Jai (?2008)
Korat-Isaan-Forum-Gast

Ungelesener Beitragvon Naam Jai (?2008) » Di Aug 26, 2008 12:45 pm

Roger Rabbit
Yes, good but what does it mean?

Choledochoduodenostomy is the longest medical word I know and it means an opening of the bile duct ,lower into the duodenum as a result of cancer of the head of the pancreas. And thats enough of that.
However
antidisestablishmentarianism is a 28 letter word but I will leave you to look it up in a search engine.

roger rabbit
Korat-Isaan-Forum-Gast

Ungelesener Beitragvon roger rabbit » So Aug 31, 2008 2:39 pm

roger rabbit hat geschrieben:"Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" -for the simple benefit of not having to mention anymore all those degrees one was awarded at Oxford, Harvard, Le Sorbonne etc...

Naam Jai hat geschrieben:Roger Rabbit
Yes, good but what does it mean?

Only Mary Poppins does know. :lol:

mcmurphy
Korat-Isaan-Forum-Gast

Ungelesener Beitragvon mcmurphy » Sa Sep 06, 2008 9:04 am

Naam Jai hat geschrieben:A universal language does make life easier, and English does seem to do that,in international circles . . .

Nothing wrong with English being used by many people as a common second language. Also good that new words from other languages are adapted into English. Little problem though is the attitude of those "natural masters", the "owners of English", with limited vocabulary and no knowledge of grammar. Having acquired a second language at least shows having learned something. :wink:

But there is still "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious". :shock:

Zurück zu „Open Discussion and Cross Talk (serious & jest)“