"Beach" in Korat for farang? (meeting friends)

Info and tips on Korat, Thailand, like a good Koratmap, korat hotels, banks, Korat and Isaan tourist attractions, events in Korat and Isaan,restaurants, Korat bars, shopping, hospitals, professionals, meeting points, Koratlocal topics, Korat culture, nightlife, massage parlours, sex services, house construction, car dealers and rentals etc.
Isaan Rollie
Korat-Isaan-Forum-Gast

"Beach" in Korat for farang? (meeting friends)

Ungelesener Beitragvon Isaan Rollie » Di Jul 29, 2008 2:18 pm

Do we need a beach in Korat to meet friends? I see lots of farangs when I'm racing my beamer through The Mall chasing thai chicks who're smiling at me. But all I get from farangs is the suspicious eye if I don't turn away shy very fast. :(

Good to have a community if you can count on people belonging to one and acting like that. But a "countless" community? :wink:

(title supplemented with "(meeting friends)" by admin.

issanrebel
Korat-Isaan-Forum-Gast

Re: "Beach" in Korat for farang? (meeting friends)

Ungelesener Beitragvon issanrebel » Di Jul 29, 2008 3:17 pm

Hard to walk and roll on a beach, better stay on solid ground. And better just walk not run. Friends are hard to come by if your going too fast. And don't sink in quicksand. Plus just about every one who moves to live in a foreign country is an individualist. A community of individualists?

I just like to watch people showing their real egos in their posts. When they gave me the founded impression of being able to be reliable friends, I'll approach them by PM and maybe meet them. There are lots of opportunities to show others about yourself on forums. And there are also lots of opportunities to get to know others through forums. But I wouldn't expect to be many from a forum to be a real community.

It's better to see the forum as "the beach". The waves come and go. :wink:

mcmurphy
Korat-Isaan-Forum-Gast

Ungelesener Beitragvon mcmurphy » Di Jul 29, 2008 8:27 pm

issanrebel hat geschrieben:It's better to see the forum as "the beach". The waves come and go. :wink:

That's just it! I don't visit one of those half dozen forums because I feel like belonging to that "community". It's more like going to the beach, going to see something different. But basically my life is arranged for already. I belong to lots of communities already. With some guys I keep in touch via phone, with some via email, others I visit or meet them at shopping or make a trip together with them. Now if somebody comes "There is a community you belong to, you must fit into it and must have "intercourse" with the other members of that community!" I can only show him the finger: I like all the communities I belong to but I will only do as much "intercourse" as I deem appropriate. When a real interesting community becomes known to me I will enter and engage myself. When somebody posts a date for a meeting and explains why this meeting might be interesting and convinces me, I might go!

You're right too, Rollie! No purpose in belonging to a "countless" community. I rather belong to countless communities! :salut

warner
Korat-Isaan-Forum-Gast

Ungelesener Beitragvon warner » Di Jul 29, 2008 9:08 pm

Yes, people might grow into a community over a web board but neither people nor web board are automatically a community. It takes time to sort out the chaff from the wheat, establish new connections or mend broken ones. There will be many different communities on one board, if the board is successful. But a board that declares "We are one community!" meaning everybody who registered won't be successful IMHO.

Herb (?2009)
Korat-Isaan-Forum-Gast

Ungelesener Beitragvon Herb (?2009) » Mi Jul 30, 2008 8:16 am

Right, a board is a communication system of those who chose to communicate over it. It does not represent the people living in a certain area, especially if the vast majority of the people communicating over that board doesn't actually live in that area. :wink:

issanrebel
Korat-Isaan-Forum-Gast

Ungelesener Beitragvon issanrebel » Fr Aug 01, 2008 8:26 am

You talk to people you don't know over a public web board. And if the people who read your "speech" get convinced by you they might join you in a common project or support your project the way they can do.

roger rabbit
Korat-Isaan-Forum-Gast

Ungelesener Beitragvon roger rabbit » So Okt 05, 2008 11:01 pm

Most people can handle only a limited number of friends anyway. Better have some reliable friends than belonging to a crowd you're just supposed to run with. :roll:

But for some it's hard to stand on their feet all alone; they need the crowd to keep from falling. 8)

mcmurphy
Korat-Isaan-Forum-Gast

Ungelesener Beitragvon mcmurphy » Mo Okt 06, 2008 8:49 am

roger rabbit hat geschrieben:But for some it's hard to stand on their feet all alone; they need the crowd to keep from falling. 8)

What if the crowd drags you down having been the wrong crowd? :shock:

Zurück zu „Korat life and leasure (Korat - Gateway to Isaan)“