Emails from Long Lost Friends

For anything you want to know and need to know about this Korat and Isaan forum. Present your ideas and suggestions how to improve this message board. Ask questions on how to use different feateures. Post requests. Find out about forum news and updates etc.
KoratCat
Thailand-Forum-Administrator
Emails from Long Lost Friends

Ungelesener Beitragvon KoratCat » Sa Aug 23, 2008 10:00 pm

I am receiving a lot of emails recently from friends who remembered me again after more than two years.

Almost all are talking about something unpleasant happening in the Korat expat community. Not many mention names of others. But by the view points it is clear that I am contacted by "both sides". References are also made to another forum in Korat.

What I figured out from those emails is that people are still unable to understand that it is not so good to form different "fractions" within the expat community and then attempt to stand united against another "fraction". There is no winning "fraction"! But of course it is always the other "fraction"'s fault that things went wrong.

The (english-speaking) Korat expat community made first attempts to unite and form a Korat Expats Club about 2 1/2 years ago. We had discussions on the ThaiVisa forum. A new forum came out of these. But in the last weeks relations among members of that forum seemed to have turned sour.

Can I please ask those who warn me of accepting members into this forum who got banned from there not to do that. The policies of this and the other forum are very different. Each forum might be representing a small part of the Korat expat community with their own values but never a relevant part! There are no common values for the whole community established yet. Please don't expect from me not to be open to somebody I have no reason not to welcome. We still have one common goal: to form a Korat expat community that is beneficial to everybody! How to achieve that? By outcasting some people certainly not!

I appreciate my old friends remembering and contacting me. But please don't get me in between battle lines. I will not fight in a war that is not mine or where the destination is not clear to me!

:t

KoratCat
Es gibt nichts Gutes, ausser man tut es! Erich Kästner, 1899 - 1974

saf (†2014)
Korat-Isaan-Forum-Gast

Re: Emails from Long Lost Friends

Ungelesener Beitragvon saf (†2014) » Sa Aug 23, 2008 11:36 pm

You show great wisdom, KC! :D

Zurück zu „Helpdesk“