My account disappeared, did I get banned?

For anything you want to know and need to know about this Korat and Isaan forum. Present your ideas and suggestions how to improve this message board. Ask questions on how to use different feateures. Post requests. Find out about forum news and updates etc.
Postbox Korat-Forum
Korat-Isaan-Forum-Gast

My account disappeared, did I get banned?

Ungelesener Beitragvon Postbox Korat-Forum » Mo Jul 28, 2008 5:51 pm

Hi KC

I signed up on your forum almost two years ago. Sorry that I did never post anything. But I was reading regularly and enjoyed that very much. :D

Now I wanted to log in to send a message to a friend over this board. Couldn't log in, neither can my password be retrieved. Asking another friend, if I was still a member here, he said my nick wasn't on the memberlist anymore.

Have I been banned or was my account just deleted because of me not posting?

Can I register again?

greetings,

Frederick

KoratCat
Thailand-Forum-Administrator
Re: Did I get banned?

Ungelesener Beitragvon KoratCat » Mo Jul 28, 2008 6:06 pm

Hi Frederick,

the first year of Korat-Info the forum was running on the phpbb2 software which was highly vulnerable to spamming via spambots. I had to delete between 10 and 30 spambot registrations every day. So when somebody didn't post soon after registration the account got deleted in my cleanups. Or it could have got lost at the upgrade from phpbb2 to phpbb3 or one of the fixes before phpbb3 became stable. We lost a lot of member registrations at the conversion of the database.

Please feel free to register again. Nobody except spambots has ever been banned from this forum. We're not planning to change that. But accounts from which there was no posting at all nor the owner logged in within the last year get deleted as unused accounts without notice. PMs will be lost in that case. But there are no bannings: the owners can register anew with the same nick and email address.

:prost

Klaus
Es gibt nichts Gutes, ausser man tut es! Erich Kästner, 1899 - 1974

Zurück zu „Helpdesk“