Translating Articles To The Other Sections

For anything you want to know and need to know about this Korat and Isaan forum. Present your ideas and suggestions how to improve this message board. Ask questions on how to use different feateures. Post requests. Find out about forum news and updates etc.
Naam Jai (?2008)
Korat-Isaan-Forum-Gast

Translating Articles To The Other Sections

Ungelesener Beitragvon Naam Jai (?2008) » Mo Jul 16, 2007 1:38 pm

Did you get my point about translated posts to/from other sections being "starred". If someone writes a good post on the German section we need it translated and posted on the other sections and vice versa.The writer should be credited with the post.

KoratCat
Thailand-Forum-Administrator
Re: Translating Articles To The Other Sections

Ungelesener Beitragvon KoratCat » Mo Jul 16, 2007 1:56 pm

Naam Jai hat geschrieben:Did you get my point about translated posts to/from other sections being "starred". If someone writes a good post on the German section we need it translated and posted on the other sections and vice versa.The writer should be credited with the post.

Fine with me. Tell the translator.! :lol:
Es gibt nichts Gutes, ausser man tut es! Erich Kästner, 1899 - 1974

Naam Jai (?2008)
Korat-Isaan-Forum-Gast

Ungelesener Beitragvon Naam Jai (?2008) » Sa Sep 15, 2007 5:28 pm

Naam Jai has previously requested that he be relieved of his moderator title for reasons Koratcat is aware off.

I now post that I am not sure that relevant posts to the German, Dutch or English sections are translated and posted on the others site.

I would suggest, this should be done more often and that when this is done it is recorded as a translation from the other language and the author credited.

KoratCat
Thailand-Forum-Administrator

Ungelesener Beitragvon KoratCat » Sa Sep 15, 2007 6:39 pm

Actually quite a lot of our members are bi- or even trilingual. So it shouldn't be a problem for some to "argue their case" in more than just one section. :lol:

Naam Jai's suggestion maybe sounds a bit too formal; to "translate a contribution" would always include the original author's consent to the translation of his text and his approval of the translator he sees qualified.

Maybe it's just easier to use Google translator or another software to read in the other language. I think quite a few of our readers are doing that already. If you feel like discussing a topic from another language section please feel free to just open a thread. You do not necessarily need to refer to the original topic starting author. Discussion is discussion. Everybody orientates his own opinion once in a while on somebody else's statements. That's not plagiarism in my eyes.

Anyway, who is willing to translate all the good contributions from the german section into English. It would certainly be an enrichment. :D
Es gibt nichts Gutes, ausser man tut es! Erich Kästner, 1899 - 1974

mcmurphy
Korat-Isaan-Forum-Gast

Ungelesener Beitragvon mcmurphy » Sa Sep 15, 2007 8:26 pm

Naam Jai hat geschrieben:Did you get my point about translated posts to/from other sections being "starred". If someone writes a good post on the German section we need it translated and posted on the other sections and vice versa.The writer should be credited with the post.

I now post that I am not sure that relevant posts to the German, Dutch or English sections are translated and posted on the others site.

I would suggest, this should be done more often and that when this is done it is recorded as a translation from the other language and the author credited.

Ahh! It's a really marvellous idea to get some more quality reading into this english section. Translate from German or Dutch. I'm sure KC and dutch will be happy to check and certify that the translations were done correctly. :lol:

All we need are translators!!! :mrgreen:

issanrebel
Korat-Isaan-Forum-Gast

Ungelesener Beitragvon issanrebel » So Sep 16, 2007 4:54 pm

mcmurphy hat geschrieben:

Ahh! It's a really marvellous idea to get some more quality reading into this english section. Translate from German or Dutch. I'm sure KC and dutch will be happy to check and certify that the translations were done correctly. :lol:

All we need are translators!!! :mrgreen:

And don't forget to settle in advance who'll take the punches for this cross-cultural, cross-lingual endeavour: the original author, the translator or the admin...since the suggesting mod already went into hiding. :lol:

dutch (†2012)
Korat-Isaan-Forum-Gast

Ungelesener Beitragvon dutch (†2012) » So Sep 16, 2007 9:23 pm

Very true.
It will be asking for trouble

Zurück zu „Helpdesk“