NEW: Multiple Board Languages

For anything you want to know and need to know about this Korat and Isaan forum. Present your ideas and suggestions how to improve this message board. Ask questions on how to use different feateures. Post requests. Find out about forum news and updates etc.
KoratCat
Thailand-Forum-Administrator
NEW: Multiple Board Languages

Ungelesener Beitragvon KoratCat » Mi Jun 27, 2007 4:14 pm

I did a complete new installation since applying only the update from phpBB3.0.RC1 to phpBB3.0.RC2 seemed to be a very time consuming affair. I had also set up a testboard again. But I learned there that applying the language packs is also a very time consuming thing. Alright, another installation with language packs applied already before uploading. And since we are an international community in Korat who doesn't want to surrender to the Brits commanding all to speak British English I applied a lot of other language packs already. We have now for selection in the profiles

American English

British English

Danish

Dutch

Finnish

French (Strict)

German (Informal)

German (Formal)

Italian

Simplified Chinese

Norvegian

Spanish (Argentine)

Swedish

Thai

Some of the language packs do have button files in the "prosilver" template only.

If we do have members who want to start forums for their peers in their mother tongue please contact me.

Bild

Koratcat
Es gibt nichts Gutes, ausser man tut es! Erich Kästner, 1899 - 1974

Isaan Web Wizard
Korat-Isaan-Forum-Gast

No Board Controls in English anymore?

Ungelesener Beitragvon Isaan Web Wizard » Mi Jun 27, 2007 5:59 pm

Post by Homer on Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:40 pm

Homer hat geschrieben:There is something I am missing and that's the English(like Neue Beiträge vs new posts) we had in the old forum. Is it possible to have in the new forum??
Have to say congratulation :D

Isaan Web Wizard
Korat-Isaan-Forum-Gast

Re: No Board Controls in English anymore?

Ungelesener Beitragvon Isaan Web Wizard » Mi Jun 27, 2007 6:01 pm

Post by KoratCat on Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:54 pm

KoratCat hat geschrieben:
Homer hat geschrieben:There is something I am missing and that's the English(like Neue Beiträge vs new posts) we had in the old forum. Is it possible to have in the new forum??
Have to say congratulation :D

We do still have two langages as board languages. They can be selected like the two different templates in your profile.

I had set up the software for the forum in german language first. Then I read in the data from the old forum. But as this new software does have a lot more features than the old it happened that id did not adapt some of the settings of the old data. That was mainly the language. Even if you had selected English in the old forum the conversion changed it to German. All you have to do is open your profile and set the board language to English again. I did for some english speaking members already.

But there are also good news: You don't need to set the template in your profile to "subsilver2" like the old forum. The conversion didn't change that. If you like "prosilver" better you gotta change to that. :lol:

Thanks for your congratulation, Homer. :D There's still a lot of work ahead of me, trying to get the best out of this new software. 8)

KoratCat
Thailand-Forum-Administrator
Re: No Board Controls in English anymore?

Ungelesener Beitragvon KoratCat » Mi Jun 27, 2007 6:09 pm

At second thought you gave me that really great idea to have more board languages installed than just British English and informal German. Thanks, Homer! You contributed a lot to this board. How about a section in Norsk? :D
Es gibt nichts Gutes, ausser man tut es! Erich Kästner, 1899 - 1974

Zurück zu „Helpdesk“