translator in Korat

Message Board at the Gateway to Isaan. For proclamations, advertisements, suggestions, notices and announcements.
zenkat
Korat-Isaan-Forum-Gast

translator in Korat

Ungelesener Beitragvon zenkat » Fr Nov 25, 2011 5:13 am

I was wondering if anyone can suggest a translator in the city that would help me to communicate with my girlfriend when I visit. I'm slowing learning Thai but at this point I can only communicate on a VERY basic level- with the help of a smartphone, lol. So I'm looking for someone fluent in English that works on an hourly basis, if that's possible.

Also, I can't seem to figure out how to get this site to switch to English... I seem to remember reading that the default language here is English, but I can only pull up the non-English version... I'm using Firefox with FoxyProxy... if that's of any help...

TIA
Dan

KoratCat
Thailand-Forum-Administrator
Re: translator in Korat

Ungelesener Beitragvon KoratCat » Fr Nov 25, 2011 4:57 pm

Hi Dan,

are you telling me this site isn't displaying in English to you once you logged in? It should! The default language of the whole board is German at present, due to more posting in German. But once logged in it should display in the language you have chosen in your account. That is set to English.

As to your question about a translator: Why don't you send your GF to a school learning English? There are plenty in Korat. And the teachers there could also help you with some initial translation.

:prost

Klaus
Es gibt nichts Gutes, ausser man tut es! Erich Kästner, 1899 - 1974

zenkat
Korat-Isaan-Forum-Gast

Ungelesener Beitragvon zenkat » So Nov 27, 2011 2:48 am

Howdy, Klaus-- nope, I'm afraid I'm looking at a Germanic language here, and I did double check and my profile is set to English...

I'm not sure my gf is quite motivated enough for lessons at this point, although she may be in the future once she's totally convinced of my sincerity- meaning after we're married, lol. I, on the other hand, take a Skype lesson once a week. :spin

KoratCat
Thailand-Forum-Administrator

Ungelesener Beitragvon KoratCat » So Nov 27, 2011 8:19 am

zenkat hat geschrieben:Howdy, Klaus-- nope, I'm afraid I'm looking at a Germanic language here, and I did double check and my profile is set to English...

Thanks for alerting me to this malfunction of the American English display language. You were right! During one of the last updates the language pack for that must have gotten damaged. I did re-install it now, and it seems to work.

:prost

Klaus
Es gibt nichts Gutes, ausser man tut es! Erich Kästner, 1899 - 1974

zenkat
Korat-Isaan-Forum-Gast

Ungelesener Beitragvon zenkat » Di Nov 29, 2011 3:30 am

thanks Klaus, yeah, that was a little rough trying to navigate- I took German in high school but that was a long, long time ago lol....
thanks for the message, as well

Zurück zu „Meeting Point at the Nakhon Ratchasima Forum“