Immigration Office in Korat

For your questions about , knowledge and experiences of the official side of life in Korat, shortly: the dealings with thai government offices etc. Topics about law and where to find a lawyer or real estate agent speaking English and who can be trusted.
dutch (†2012)
Korat-Isaan-Forum-Gast

Immigration Office in Korat

Ungelesener Beitragvon dutch (†2012) » Sa Aug 19, 2006 7:30 pm

Originally posted on May 29, 2006 10:04 am

It is well known that we can do our 90 days reporting here in Korat at the Immigration office.

I was promissed that this (?) year our visa extensions were made possible there, too.

I will keep this forum updated about this possibility,that is,unfortunately,not possible at this moment yet.

*Please click the name (in red) to download Google Earth placemark

KoratCat
Thailand-Forum-Administrator
Ungelesener Beitragvon KoratCat » Sa Aug 19, 2006 7:34 pm

Originally posted on Jul 02, 2006 9:46 am

A discussion of an alleged procedure by the Korat Immigration Office regarding the reporting of a foreigner's stay at a thai private house can be found on

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=74268

Joe
Korat-Isaan-Forum-Gast

Ungelesener Beitragvon Joe » Sa Aug 19, 2006 7:37 pm

Originally posted on Jul 05, 2006 4:23 pm

Please have a look at the website of the Thai Immigration. The complained-about procedure can be found at

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=alienstay

The necessary form can be downloaded from there. :D

dutch (†2012)
Korat-Isaan-Forum-Gast

Ungelesener Beitragvon dutch (†2012) » So Aug 20, 2006 9:14 am

Just got the information that as from end of this month,the Korat Immigration will also process visa extensions???!!!! :D

Before adding to the rumour circuit,I will go next month for my 90 days reporting and at the same time will ask for confirmation.(would be a really big surprise)

If anyone else can update ..... please

KoratCat
Ungelesener Beitragvon KoratCat » Fr Sep 15, 2006 4:15 pm

oldfile hat geschrieben:Originally posted on Jul 02, 2006 9:46 am by "KoratCat"

A discussion of an alleged procedure by the Korat Immigration Office regarding the reporting of a foreigner's stay at a thai private house can be found on

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=74268

This requirement can be derived from the duties of the aliens under section 37 and penalty under Section 75 of Immigration Act B.E.2522:

An alien who has been granted temporary stay in the Kingdom shall be required to comply with the following conditions:

1. Not to engage in or take any work or employment unless granted permission. Doing so shall be punished with imprisonment not exceeding one year or a fine not exceeding baht 10,000 or both.

2. to stay at a place the location of which the competent officer has been notified. Failing to so notify shall be punished with fine not exceeding Baht 5,000 and daily fine of Baht 200 until the rectification of the actions.

3. In the event of change of address, notification of such must be made to the officer within 24 hours from the change date thereof. Failing to do so notify shall be punished with fine not exceeding Baht 200 per day until the notification is made.

4. In the event that an alien stays in thailand exceeding 90 days, such alien shall be required to notify the immigration officer of their address without delay after the 90 day period has elapsed. Failing to so notify shall be punished with fine not exceeding Baht 5,000 and daily fine of Baht 200 until the rectification of the actions.

Duties of the householder, owner or possessor of a residence or hotel manager who provides accommodations to aliens authorised to thay in the Kingdom on a temporary basis is required to notify the immigration officer under Section 38 of the Immigration Act B.E.2522 and Penalty under Section 77 of the Immigration Act B.E. 2522

1. To notify the officer at the Immigration Office located in such locality in which the house, residence or hotel is located. Such notification shall be made within 24 hours from the date the alien is given accomodations. If there is no Immigration Office in such area available, a notification shall have to be made with the police office at the local police station.

2. In the event that the house, residence or hotel where an alien is staying is located in Bangkok a notification shall be made with the competent officer at the Immigration Bureau.

Source:http://www.immigration.go.th/forum/index.php?topic=180.0

dutch (†2012)
Korat-Isaan-Forum-Gast

Ungelesener Beitragvon dutch (†2012) » So Okt 08, 2006 10:17 am

The statement (from other forum) is that to-morrow one of the members is gonna collect his year extension.
Not sure is,if they do at the moment only teachers visa.
Hope to hear by 1 or 2 days about all other extensions.
Would be nice for us living in and around Korat

Naam Jai (?2008)
Korat-Isaan-Forum-Gast

Korat Immigration Office

Ungelesener Beitragvon Naam Jai (?2008) » So Okt 08, 2006 9:19 pm

Situated on the Khon Kaen Road in Assumption School grounds, almost opposite Big C and just before the turning which separates Assumption School from St Mary's Hospital
Good News.
They seem to be more operational.
From the 9th Oct 06 they say they :) are issuing new Retirement visas.
They say they are awaiting their official stamp from Bangkok.
I know they previously provided the 90 day Retirement Visa reporting service.
They now also say they issue resident confirmation letters needed for Driving Licence or new car purchase registration.

Naam Jai (?2008)
Korat-Isaan-Forum-Gast

KORAT IMMIGRATION OFFICE

Ungelesener Beitragvon Naam Jai (?2008) » Mi Okt 11, 2006 7:30 pm

YES
They unpacked their new stamps on Monday 9th Oct and they issued retirement visas and multiple enty visas and work permit extensions and ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Please check them out before travelling.

dutch (†2012)
Korat-Isaan-Forum-Gast

Ungelesener Beitragvon dutch (†2012) » Di Okt 24, 2006 5:51 pm

The immigration office is fully operational.
All visa

I was there

Homer
Korat-Isaan-Tourist

immigration office

Ungelesener Beitragvon Homer » Di Okt 24, 2006 10:34 pm

I went to immigration office today ,and i have to say that in my 4 years in Thailand ,it have never been easier to get a 90 days visa. Fast ,cheap and easy :)
I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me, Superman!

dutch (†2012)
Korat-Isaan-Forum-Gast

Ungelesener Beitragvon dutch (†2012) » Fr Nov 03, 2006 8:37 pm

Was there 2 days ago to tranfer information from my old passport into my new passport.
5 minutes
No forms to fill in
no copies of anything
cost: 0 baht

friendly treatment

Shall we make a fanclub? :D
Zuletzt geändert von dutch (†2012) am Sa Nov 04, 2006 12:37 pm, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

KoratCat
Ungelesener Beitragvon KoratCat » Sa Nov 04, 2006 11:33 am

I received information that their telephone number had changed from the ones given on the KoratPost website to

044 - 247 686.

Can anybody who actually called there confirm this? :)

dutch (†2012)
Korat-Isaan-Forum-Gast

Ungelesener Beitragvon dutch (†2012) » Sa Jan 20, 2007 2:36 pm

Mid December I received my retirement visa extension.
Peace of cake.
30 minutes,because I had to wait as others were there before me :)

Took a single entry at the same time.

Brought them a fruitbasket at year-end :lol:

Naam Jai (?2008)
Korat-Isaan-Forum-Gast

KORAT IMMIGRATION OFFICE is migrating!!!!!!!

Ungelesener Beitragvon Naam Jai (?2008) » Fr Jul 13, 2007 2:11 pm

Korat Immigration Office is moving from the office in the grounds of Assumption School to the "TOT (Telephone Office complex)" at Ban Don on the Mittraphap to Bangkok Road. Its about 13kms out of Korat on the left hand side of the main road. Depart Korat on the Bangkok Mittraphap leave the main carriageway for the Frontage Road when you see the Esso sign. Go another kilometre and TOT is on the left. If you pass the Caltex Station you have gone too far.Its almost opposite the Mai (new) Ban Don Temple which is on the right.Arcade Thonglon the Immigration Officer says they are 90% sure of a move in SEPTEMBER 07. Office hours to be announced.

dutch (†2012)
Korat-Isaan-Forum-Gast

Re: KORAT IMMIGRATION OFFICE is migrating!!!!!!!

Ungelesener Beitragvon dutch (†2012) » Mi Sep 26, 2007 6:34 pm

Naam Jai hat geschrieben:Korat Immigration Office is moving from the office in the grounds of Assumption School to the "TOT (Telephone Office complex)" at Ban Don on the Mittraphap to Bangkok Road. Its about 13kms out of Korat on the left hand side of the main road. Depart Korat on the Bangkok Mittraphap leave the main carriageway for the Frontage Road when you see the Esso sign. Go another kilometre and TOT is on the left. If you pass the Caltex Station you have gone too far.Its almost opposite the Mai (new) Ban Don Temple which is on the right.Arcade Thonglon the Immigration Officer says they are 90% sure of a move in SEPTEMBER 07. Office hours to be announced.

Obviously they will move next Monday to above mentioned place.
(info from Sebastien,Isaan lawyers)

Zurück zu „Official Stuff“