Danger of Thai Wives And Girlfriends

For all kinds of problems and mischief foreigners get involved in when travelling or residng in Nakhon Ratchasima, Isaan and Northeast Thailand..
issanrebel
Korat-Isaan-Forum-Gast

Danger of Thai Wives And Girlfriends

Ungelesener Beitragvon issanrebel » So Mai 27, 2007 3:42 pm

71 Year Old Dane Murdered in Chiangmai
By Rapeepat Jumnongjit

A 71 year old Danish resident of Chiang Mai in Northern Thailand, Paul During, was on Friday 25 May 2007 found murdered in his home. The Dane was found by the neighbours who earlier in the day had heard him fight with a woman, possibly a former girlfriend who had apparantly come back to ask for a car, he had bought in her name.

The body of the Dane was found in his one story house in Tatan south of the city centre near the Ping River which he had rented for the past three years. He was found naked near the door to the terrace with a broken nose and the back of his neck was swollen. There was sign of blood in the house an there was blood and hair on a walking stick, which the police has taken as evidence. Police Officer Tennik Jansee from ChangPeuk police station in Chaingmai investigated the murdered said that there was also a hole on the door of a dane's bedroom and the keyhole was damaged.

The Nissan pick-up truck was found parked in the garage unlock, the cabinet in the front of the car was open. The police checked the license and the car belongs to Anong Chaiyawut, 52 years from Chiangmai.
According to neighbors the Dane has been living in this house for about three years with Anong and bought her the car. Later, Anong broke up with him and move in with another foreigner. After that, the Dane brought a woman named .June to live in the house with him. Before the incident, June had gone back to visit her birthplace and it was during her absence, that Anong came by and asked for the keys to the car. But the Dane refused to give it to her and they could hear they had a fight about this before there was suddenly silence.

The neighbor found it strange and went in to see and found the Dane lying naked on the floor, dead.

The police suspects that the Dane was murdered by the girl with whom he was fighting. Then he was hit by the stick and he fell on the ground, hit the floor with head which caused his dead. The woman then tried to find the car's key but couldn't find it so she ran away.

The investigation team has collected all the finger print as evidence and the forensic confirms that the Dane did not die by natural cause. But the body needs to be examined in more details to determine if he was murdered or died by hitting the floor.
The police was able to bring in Anong for questioning. She denies any involvcement in the death of her ex-husband. She was later released while the police awaits the forensic report in order to be able to to make an arrest based on solid evidence.

ScandAsia May 27, 2007

KoratCat
Thailand-Forum-Administrator
Ungelesener Beitragvon KoratCat » Sa Jun 02, 2007 6:40 am

Blackburn man 'murdered' in Thailand

AN EAST Lancashire man has been murdered after he was mown down by his girlfriend on a road in Thailand, say police.

Michael Butcher, from Blackburn, was going to work on his motorbike when her car hit him, they said.

Thai police have now charged her.

Detective Chief Inspector Neil Hunter, of Lancashire Police, said that the 58-year-old had moved to Thailand from East Lancashire to be a teacher and to live with his new partner.

But they said his dream new life turned to tragedy when he died in the road crash.

Mr Butcher's girl friend's name has not been revealed to the British authorities and she is currently awaiting trial.

Mr Hunter said that Mr Butcher was on his way to work in the Kamphaeng Phet district of Thailand in the north of the country at the time of the incident.

He said his bike was believed to have been forced off the road, early on February 15 this year.

He died at the scene as a result of multiple injuries.

Mr Hunter said his girlfriend was arrested shortly after and has now been charged with murder.

Because Mr Butcher is a British national, a post mortem examination has been carried out in this country and an inquest will take place in Blackburn.

East Lancashire coroner Michael Singleton said he would delay holding an inquest until Thai police inquiries and court proceedings had been completed.

Mr Hunter said Mr Butcher lived in Blackburn and only moved out to Thailand within the last 12 months.

He said that he had left the area to start a new life after his marriage broke down.

Mr Hunter said: "Because Mr Butcher is a British national the case has been referred to the authorities in this country but it is a Thai investigation."

Coroner's officer PC Lynn Farnsworth said: "Mr Roberts was on his way to work on his motorbike when he was struck by a motor vehicle.

"He died as a result of his injuries at the scene."

Mr Butcher's family in Blackburn declined to comment.

This Is Lancashire June 1, 2007
Es gibt nichts Gutes, ausser man tut es! Erich Kästner, 1899 - 1974

KoratCat
Thailand-Forum-Administrator
Re: Danger of Thai Wives And Girlfriends

Ungelesener Beitragvon KoratCat » So Feb 10, 2008 4:04 pm

Canadian killed in Thailand in alleged arranged hit by wife

A second Canadian has been killed in Thailand in just over a month.

Victoria-born Dale Henry, 48, lived in Thailand's Ranong province for 10 years, working as a safety inspector for an oil-drilling company.

He was found at his Thai home last Sunday with a single gunshot wound to the head.

Thai authorities have arrested Henry's wife of six years in connection with his murder, which they claim was an arranged hit.

Authorities allege the Thai woman -- a former bartender almost half Henry's age -- planned the killing with her boyfriend, arriving with an assassin last Saturday night after Henry had fallen asleep in front of the television.

Thai police told Thai media they have evidence in the form of text messages between the woman and her boyfriend.

Henry's brother, Richard, was planning to visit him in Thailand to deliver some supplies and go on vacation, but now he will go for his brother's funeral.

"He was just the most generous, kindest person around," Richard told Victoria's CHEK TV Saturday.

"He still had a lot of life . . . his life was taken away for no reason."

Henry will be cremated this week during a traditional Thai ceremony.

Richard, who leaves for Thailand Sunday, said he wants to make sure his brother receives justice.

"I just want to make sure that the Thai government doesn't have the opportunity to sweep it under the table and pretend like another Canadian wasn't killed in Thailand," he said.

On Jan. 6, 25-year-old Leo John Del Pinto was shot to death by an off-duty Thai police officer while walking home with a friend in Pai, northern Thailand.

The Calgary man was shot in the face and chest by Sgt.-Maj. Uthai Dechawiwat, and his friend Carly Reisig of Chilliwack was shot in the chest. She survived.

Canada.com Feb. 10, 2008
Es gibt nichts Gutes, ausser man tut es! Erich Kästner, 1899 - 1974

issanrebel
Korat-Isaan-Forum-Gast

Ungelesener Beitragvon issanrebel » Di Aug 12, 2008 11:39 am

British pensioner killed in Thailand predicted his own death

A retired British design engineer has been found beaten and stabbed to death in his home in Thailand after apparently predicting his own murder.

By Jessica Salter
Last Updated: 2:34AM BST 12 Aug 2008

Ian Beeston's body was found on Sunday at his home in a north eastern Thai province.

The 69-year-old had been beaten and stabbed in an attack that left him dying for seven hours, according to police.

On Monday his 42-year-old Thai wife and her lover were arrested and charged with the murder.

Friends of the pensioner say he had predicted his own death and had been given a taser stun gun to defend himself.

In a letter that he left with lawyers, Mr Beeston wrote: "It is just a matter of time now. I am in real fear for my own life."

After retiring Mr Beeston moved to Thailand. He married a local woman nine years ago and invested his £350,000 life savings in properties.

Under Thai law foreigners cannot own property, so Mr Beeston put the properties in his wife's name but four months ago he discovered that she had cashed it all in. His neighbour, Andrew Herrington, 51, a retired HGV driver from Birmingham, said he was meant to meet Mr Beeston on Sunday, but his friend never turned up.

He said: "It was an open secret in the area that Ian was going to be murdered.

"So when I went to his house on Sunday and saw his car was there and the house locked up, I knew then his time had come. We decided to call the police.

"When they came they found his badly beaten body. I identified him."

Another neighbour Australian Bill Lamb, from Sydney, said: "He told us all he was going to be murdered, and quite frankly we believed him, and thought so too.

"Friends had brought him a stun gun, a taser, to use to protect himself.

Police Captain Patapong Patniboon, of Suwannaphum Police, said: "Ian Beeston's wife and a Thai friend from Petchabun Province, Somchit Janong, 48, have both been arrested for his murder."

Source: Telegraph Aug 12,2008 - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... death.html

issanrebel
Korat-Isaan-Forum-Gast

Ungelesener Beitragvon issanrebel » So Aug 17, 2008 10:38 am

Bar girl and the expat: a killing foretold

Every year hundreds of Britons leave the UK to marry Thai brides. The perils of such liaisons were revealed last week when retired engineer Ian Beeston was murdered by his wife and her lover. Ian MacKinnon and Andrew Drummond in Suwannaphum investigate a ruthless marriage market in which money can buy beauty but not necessarily love

* Ian MacKinnon and Andrew Drummond
* The Observer,
* Sunday August 17 2008

Andrew Herrington, a retired Birmingham lorry driver who now lives in Thailand, lowered his voice and turned to his companions: 'Well, you know, he married a bar girl. What did he expect?'

Sitting on the ground floor of his home - a two-storey house squatting in a rice paddy in Isan, north-east Thailand - Herrington, aged 51, was talking about his friend and neighbour, Ian Beeston, who was found murdered last weekend after predicting that his Thai wife would kill him.

Beeston, 69, a retired design engineer, had been beaten and stabbed in his house - police say he took seven hours to die. His wife, Wacheerawan, 42, and her Thai lover, Somchit Janong, 48, confessed and have been charged with murder. In bizarre and macabre fashion, Janong even re-enacted for police and photographers the manner in which he had clubbed Beeston to death.

This was no isolated romance that culminated in a tragedy. The British embassy in Bangkok processes the wedding documents of up to 70 couples each week. The requests are almost exclusively from older British men - among 860,000 UK tourists each year - hoping to marry younger Thai women. But for any British man hoping to follow in Beeston's footsteps and build a new better life in Thailand, his death was a stark reminder of how badly things can go wrong.

Three of the group of worried farangs - the Thai term for foreigners - who had gathered in Isan, have invested a hefty chunk of their life's savings building houses nearby on the fringes of Suwannaphum village, deep in Thailand's poorest province, Roi Et. Beeston's house, which swallowed up all of his £250,000 retirement nest egg, was described locally as 'palatial'. Unsurprisingly, in the wake of the killing, a siege mentality has taken hold.

'Wanna' was indeed a bar girl, a prostitute. She met Beeston in a bar in Beach Road, Soi 2, in Pattaya, the garish beach resort in southern Thailand, when he was still coming to the country on holiday. The resort is notorious for go-go and hostess bars with a 'sin city' reputation that surpasses that of Bangkok. Eventually, his marriage having fallen apart, Beeston took early retirement from his job at the Ford motor plant in Dagenham, Essex, and moved to Thailand. In 1999 he married Wanna and paid for her two grown-up children to be put through university.

The good life hit the buffers when he discovered Wanna had secretly sold his Suwannaphum property. As foreigners are barred from owning land in Thailand, he had put everything in her name. All his savings from working as a design engineer, first at Perkins and then at Ford, had gone. Worse, the new owners of his house were agitating to move in. Four months ago a furious Beeston banished Wanna to a corrugated shack in the back garden. Friends feared then that he had signed his own death warrant.

In a letter left with lawyers, Beeston predicted his own grisly fate. 'It is just a matter of time now,' he wrote. 'I am in real fear for my own life.'

Beeston's romance, like so many others involving Western men escaping loneliness at home, began with a stroll down one of the hundreds of neon-lit strips in Thailand's tourist-friendly sex quarters. The ratio of male tourists to Thai women is almost two to one. Walk down Bangkok's Soi Cowboy or Patpong any evening and it is easy to see how masculine fantasy can take flight. Ageing, unprepossessing foreign men are fawned over by lithe young Thai women wearing broad smiles and revealing clothes. The prospective clients are beckoned through curtained doorways to a dimly lit world where bar girls dance suggestively on a tiny stage and strip.

Others chat up the punters in rudimentary English. The price of all this attention is just the cost of a drink for the girl, perhaps a tip. The often unspoken element is that the girl will go back and spend the night at his hotel. Cash is rarely mentioned, and there is no unseemly haggling, but the going rate is little more than a 'present' of £20.

'[The men] are often not the most handsome of all, they are usually in the latter years of their life, they are bald, unattractive and quite lonely in their own little society,' writes Thai anthropologist Dr Yos Santasombat in Hello My Big Big Honey!, an anthology of love letters penned to Bangkok bar girls. 'When they come to Patpong, they're struck with girls who are all over them.'

The appeal of easy, cheap sex is evident the next morning. The same men hold hands with their bar girls skipping down the pavements of Bangkok's tourist haunts. 'Often they extend their relationship for a number of days or weeks or even years,' writes Yos. 'Sometimes the farang himself ends up spending the entire vacation with one girl and sometimes comes back. Sometimes she becomes his mistress or even a wife.'

Romance with a Westerner in such circumstances can come perilously close to a game of mutual exploitation. Nearly all of the girls have flocked to the cities and resorts to escape their own prison: an impoverished existence in Thailand's rural expanses, whereas a night's takings from the city bar could sustain a family for a month. From Isan's desperately poor, rice farming villages, where hunger is the norm, the bars of Bangkok or Pattaya are a welcome escape. For girls with little education they provide an opportunity to shine and have the honour of providing for their families by sending new-found riches back home.

'They do it because it's an easy life,' said John Burdett, a British lawyer-turned-novelist who has interviewed hundreds of bar girls for books such as Bangkok Haunts. 'You don't want to be a subsistence rice farmer. It's very, very hard. Village life's claustrophobic. Bar girl work isn't dirty. It's not strenuous. They don't have dozens of partners; maybe one or two a week. The rest of the time they're getting men to buy drinks and existing on tips. In the village there's a kind of omertà, where no one talks about it. But they send money home to care for people, so they've big status.

'A bar girl in her early or mid-twenties has a 10-year window of opportunity to get out of poverty,' said Burdett. 'So if she spends time with a guy she is using up her chances. She sees that as an investment and she's entitled to something in return. The car and the house may be in her name. In the West we've lost our intuitive understanding of how poverty shapes thinking. So, if after 10 years together the foreigner decides to move out, leaving her with little to show for it, that's a problem. She's lost face and that's terribly important. Her image has been damaged and it might even lead people to kill.'

Stephen Treharne Jones, 63, was a former neighbour of Beeston. Jones met Lamyai, then 32, in a Pattaya bar and sought to 'rescue' her and send her home to Isan. 'When I met my wife, Lamyai , she had nothing,' said Jones. 'I paid her out of a sex bar in Pattaya and told her to go home. When I visited her home she was living in a room with her two children. There was no bathroom or toilet facilities, no doors, no tiles, no electricity, just a mattress and blankets on the floor. So I bought a big home for both of us and bought the land off her relatives.'

Jones's world collapsed when he asked his wife to sell a piece of land he had bought. Lamyai refused, saying it was impossible. Only when he went with a lawyer to the land registry did he discover he never owned it. He bought it from Lamyai's family, but allowed them to keep it in their names because of foreign ownership prohibitions. When challenged, Lamyai threw him out of their luxury villa in Kalasin, an hour from Suwannaphum. Penniless, he scuttled back to King's Lynn, Norfolk, two months ago. He now lives there in sheltered accommodation.

'Looking back now, I know my Thai wife had set me up from day one,' said Jones last week. 'In Kalasin I know of three other foreigners who were kicked out by their wives after they completed property purchases. They say there's no fool like an old fool. But I did genuinely love Lamyai. I was sold a dream, I guess. A quiet life in the country where food and drink was cheap, the women attentive and the weather warm. But that's not the reality. The reality is that one becomes a captive.'

Lamyai has a very different account of the breakdown in relations. 'If Stephen had been a good husband I would not have asked him to leave,' she said. 'But when he argued he called me a thief and a prostitute. We were quite happy for four years, even though he spent a lot of time going out drinking with his farang friends in the area. Stephen had a house he could have lived in all his life if he respected me as his wife, but at the end I was just his servant.'

As his own marriage became a bitter property dispute, Beeston saw trouble coming. Exiled to the garden shed, his wife had installed her lover, Janong, and they kept Beeston a virtual prisoner in his own home with taunts and attacks.

In a letter to his lawyers, Beeston told how his wife had started a money lending business - lending his money - and had paid off local police so she could run an illegal lottery. 'My wife threatened me with a gun,' he said in the letter, detailing a series of attacks on his house involving 'stones, lumps of wood, fireworks and even a tin of paint'. The house was also frequently burgled, he said.

Like so many Britons and other expatriates living in rural Thailand who are unable to converse in Thai, it appears Beeston may have been the unwitting victim of a sting his wife had been waiting for years to bring off. According to his friends, the whole town, even the police chief, knew but nobody said anything. 'I thought she loved me, but she only wanted my money after all,' Beeston had told his Australian neighbour, Bill Lamb.

'He told me he thought his wife was about to kill him,' said Lamb. 'My feeling is that Ian had been paying for Wanna's daughters from a previous marriage to go to university. This year they both graduated. I just don't think he was needed any more. She had it all. To be honest - the life of a foreigner isn't worth much around here.'

Back in Herrington's Suwannaphum house, fists were clenched as the group discussed a fitting revenge for the perpetrators of the callous act. The palpable sentiment was: 'It's them or us.' But the bitter consensus was also that after all the publicity had died down Beeston's wife would be granted bail and freed. 'She's got the money, and with money cases just get dropped,' said Herrington.

Then the conversation turned to the future and who was 'next for the bullet'. They agree they know the identity of the marked man. He lives about 20 miles away and is having some major problems with his Thai wife. 'Yep,' they chorus, 'for sure.'feared then that he had signed his own death warrant.

In a letter left with lawyers, Beeston predicted his own grisly fate. 'It is just a matter of time now,' he wrote. 'I am in real fear for my own life.'

Beeston's romance, like so many others involving Western men escaping loneliness at home, began with a stroll down one of the hundreds of neon-lit strips in Thailand's tourist-friendly sex quarters. The ratio of male tourists to Thai women is almost two to one. Walk down Bangkok's Soi Cowboy or Patpong any evening and it is easy to see how masculine fantasy can take flight. Ageing, unprepossessing foreign men are fawned over by lithe young Thai women wearing broad smiles and revealing clothes. The prospective clients are beckoned through curtained doorways to a dimly lit world where bar girls dance suggestively on a tiny stage and strip.

Others chat up the punters in rudimentary English. The price of all this attention is just the cost of a drink for the girl, perhaps a tip. The often unspoken element is that the girl will go back and spend the night at his hotel. Cash is rarely mentioned, and there is no unseemly haggling, but the going rate is little more than a 'present' of £20.

'[The men] are often not the most handsome of all, they are usually in the latter years of their life, they are bald, unattractive and quite lonely in their own little society,' writes Thai anthropologist Dr Yos Santasombat in Hello My Big Big Honey!, an anthology of love letters penned to Bangkok bar girls. 'When they come to Patpong, they're struck with girls who are all over them.'

The appeal of easy, cheap sex is evident the next morning. The same men hold hands with their bar girls skipping down the pavements of Bangkok's tourist haunts. 'Often they extend their relationship for a number of days or weeks or even years,' writes Yos. 'Sometimes the farang himself ends up spending the entire vacation with one girl and sometimes comes back. Sometimes she becomes his mistress or even a wife.'

Romance with a Westerner in such circumstances can come perilously close to a game of mutual exploitation. Nearly all of the girls have flocked to the cities and resorts to escape their own prison: an impoverished existence in Thailand's rural expanses, whereas a night's takings from the city bar could sustain a family for a month. From Isan's desperately poor, rice farming villages, where hunger is the norm, the bars of Bangkok or Pattaya are a welcome escape. For girls with little education they provide an opportunity to shine and have the honour of providing for their families by sending new-found riches back home.

'They do it because it's an easy life,' said John Burdett, a British lawyer-turned-novelist who has interviewed hundreds of bar girls for books such as Bangkok Haunts. 'You don't want to be a subsistence rice farmer. It's very, very hard. Village life's claustrophobic. Bar girl work isn't dirty. It's not strenuous. They don't have dozens of partners; maybe one or two a week. The rest of the time they're getting men to buy drinks and existing on tips. In the village there's a kind of omertà, where no one talks about it. But they send money home to care for people, so they've big status.

'A bar girl in her early or mid-twenties has a 10-year window of opportunity to get out of poverty,' said Burdett. 'So if she spends time with a guy she is using up her chances. She sees that as an investment and she's entitled to something in return. The car and the house may be in her name. In the West we've lost our intuitive understanding of how poverty shapes thinking. So, if after 10 years together the foreigner decides to move out, leaving her with little to show for it, that's a problem. She's lost face and that's terribly important. Her image has been damaged and it might even lead people to kill.'

Stephen Treharne Jones, 63, was a former neighbour of Beeston. Jones met Lamyai, then 32, in a Pattaya bar and sought to 'rescue' her and send her home to Isan. 'When I met my wife, Lamyai , she had nothing,' said Jones. 'I paid her out of a sex bar in Pattaya and told her to go home. When I visited her home she was living in a room with her two children. There was no bathroom or toilet facilities, no doors, no tiles, no electricity, just a mattress and blankets on the floor. So I bought a big home for both of us and bought the land off her relatives.'

Jones's world collapsed when he asked his wife to sell a piece of land he had bought. Lamyai refused, saying it was impossible. Only when he went with a lawyer to the land registry did he discover he never owned it. He bought it from Lamyai's family, but allowed them to keep it in their names because of foreign ownership prohibitions. When challenged, Lamyai threw him out of their luxury villa in Kalasin, an hour from Suwannaphum. Penniless, he scuttled back to King's Lynn, Norfolk, two months ago. He now lives there in sheltered accommodation.

'Looking back now, I know my Thai wife had set me up from day one,' said Jones last week. 'In Kalasin I know of three other foreigners who were kicked out by their wives after they completed property purchases. They say there's no fool like an old fool. But I did genuinely love Lamyai. I was sold a dream, I guess. A quiet life in the country where food and drink was cheap, the women attentive and the weather warm. But that's not the reality. The reality is that one becomes a captive.'

Lamyai has a very different account of the breakdown in relations. 'If Stephen had been a good husband I would not have asked him to leave,' she said. 'But when he argued he called me a thief and a prostitute. We were quite happy for four years, even though he spent a lot of time going out drinking with his farang friends in the area. Stephen had a house he could have lived in all his life if he respected me as his wife, but at the end I was just his servant.'

As his own marriage became a bitter property dispute, Beeston saw trouble coming. Exiled to the garden shed, his wife had installed her lover, Janong, and they kept Beeston a virtual prisoner in his own home with taunts and attacks.

In a letter to his lawyers, Beeston told how his wife had started a money lending business - lending his money - and had paid off local police so she could run an illegal lottery. 'My wife threatened me with a gun,' he said in the letter, detailing a series of attacks on his house involving 'stones, lumps of wood, fireworks and even a tin of paint'. The house was also frequently burgled, he said.

Like so many Britons and other expatriates living in rural Thailand who are unable to converse in Thai, it appears Beeston may have been the unwitting victim of a sting his wife had been waiting for years to bring off. According to his friends, the whole town, even the police chief, knew but nobody said anything. 'I thought she loved me, but she only wanted my money after all,' Beeston had told his Australian neighbour, Bill Lamb.

'He told me he thought his wife was about to kill him,' said Lamb. 'My feeling is that Ian had been paying for Wanna's daughters from a previous marriage to go to university. This year they both graduated. I just don't think he was needed any more. She had it all. To be honest - the life of a foreigner isn't worth much around here.'

Back in Herrington's Suwannaphum house, fists were clenched as the group discussed a fitting revenge for the perpetrators of the callous act. The palpable sentiment was: 'It's them or us.' But the bitter consensus was also that after all the publicity had died down Beeston's wife would be granted bail and freed. 'She's got the money, and with money cases just get dropped,' said Herrington.

Then the conversation turned to the future and who was 'next for the bullet'. They agree they know the identity of the marked man. He lives about 20 miles away and is having some major problems with his Thai wife. 'Yep,' they chorus, 'for sure.'

From: http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/au ... ationships

Wake up, Farangs :!:

Herb (?2009)
Korat-Isaan-Forum-Gast

Ungelesener Beitragvon Herb (?2009) » So Aug 17, 2008 3:53 pm

issanrebel hat geschrieben:We were quite happy for four years, even though he spent a lot of time going out drinking with his farang friends in the area. Stephen had a house he could have lived in all his life if he respected me as his wife, but at the end I was just his servant.'

I s'pose there's quite a lot of truth to that "song" many a mia farang sings. :(

mcmurphy
Korat-Isaan-Forum-Gast

Ungelesener Beitragvon mcmurphy » Di Aug 19, 2008 12:52 pm

KoratCat hat geschrieben:I want to add another observation posted on another forum to the topic "racism":

One thing I have found with many Brits in particular who settle in Thailand is that they believe the government owes them for bringing their 'working class wealth' to Thailand, knocking up one of their women and having the odd sprog running around while they enter their octogenarian times. Then they complain about having to get a visa to stay . . .

It is certainly not the Brits only . . . :shock:

Herb hat geschrieben:
issanrebel hat geschrieben:We were quite happy for four years, even though he spent a lot of time going out drinking with his farang friends in the area. Stephen had a house he could have lived in all his life if he respected me as his wife, but at the end I was just his servant.'

I s'pose there's quite a lot of truth to that "song" many a mia farang sings. :(

Let's be honest: That's what most of us come here for: to have somebody run around for us when we need more assistance than we can give. And since we keep getting older we continuously keep heading towards that state. With age our mental abilities do not increase but rather weaken. Alcohol and dull company speed up that process.

If we truly respect our wives we try to keep in shape mentally and physically as much as we can. Respect does not mean giving in all the time but understanding of their problems. If we don't loose our minds too early we can stay "in charge", i. e. we will be respected and cared for. :t

Naam Jai (?2008)
Korat-Isaan-Forum-Gast

Ungelesener Beitragvon Naam Jai (?2008) » Mo Aug 25, 2008 5:00 pm

I don't wish any trouble on any farang here but some do get into an awful mess.
Some are just very lonely and come over here from Europe and find companionship.
We need a section of the site devoted to newbies.
Experiences and warnings need to be repeated and often.
What would other readers think are the most important things to tell a newbie embarking on a Thai girl relationship?

Keep your money in your pocket and :wave your powder dry?

sebastien
Korat-Isaan-Forum-Gast

Ungelesener Beitragvon sebastien » Mi Aug 27, 2008 2:45 am

David Tucker is making a documentary on foreigners losing money to Thai wives and girlfriend.
I met him last week. Mr Tucker is from Australia and used to teach in Korat about 2 years ago.
His documentary should be release in few months, and if I'm lucky, he will send me a copy.
It's about 2 cases of foreigners living in Isaan and having lost a lot of money....

Basically, he was asking us WHY DO FOREIGNERS ARE LOSING SO MUCH MONEY WHEN THERE IS A DIVORCE OR SEPARATION.

The answer is quite simple: Thai law doesn't make a difference between foreigners and Thai when you divorce.
But obviously, the most important part of their investment is in real estate, land and house.
As foreigner can't own land in Thailand (with some exception), they put a large amount of money in their wives
SIN SUAN TUA (private property). So, they won't get much of a divorce in Court. (Half of sim Somros, common property)

Thai law makes a difference between ownership of the land (Land Code), between resident or people needing a visa (immigration laws), between people who needs a work permit or not (working of aliens act), and between foreign entities and Thai entities doing business (Foreign business act). It's changing, slowly...

Zurück zu „Farang News and Affairs“