Outlook: Setting up POP/SMTP Email connection

For everything that is supposed to make our lives easier and more comfortable: whether it is useful and how it can be used . . .
Homer (?2011)
Korat-Isaan-Forum-Gast

Outlook: Setting up POP/SMTP Email connection

Ungelesener Beitragvon Homer (?2011) » Mi Dez 05, 2007 9:35 am

I have same same problem :(
Is it only to get a new MS Office pack???
My computer run on XP service pack 2

KoratCat
Thailand-Forum-Administrator
Re: Outlook: Setting up POP/SMTP Email accounts

Ungelesener Beitragvon KoratCat » Mi Dez 05, 2007 10:30 am

Hi Homer,

I moved your post as a new topic to the english section so our english-speaking readers could also find it and benefit from it.

On topic:
Just a few months ago I managed to connect to POP/SMTP email myself. MS Office 2003 before didn't let me succeed. After I upgraded to MS Office 2007 it worked out. I cannot say precisely that it only works with the new Office version. It might be coincidental. But in any case I can say that it appeared a lot easier to me.

GMAIL accounts can easily be connected with the automatic setup. But the downside of GMAIL is that it takes very long to synchronize your mail every time. On my domain korat-info.com setting up didn't work with the automatic setup but could easily be done manually. Important is to check "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication." under the Outgoing server tab. Connection I left set to "Connect using my local area network (LAN)" though I connect via an EDGE modem.

Cheers,

KC
Es gibt nichts Gutes, ausser man tut es! Erich Kästner, 1899 - 1974

Homer (?2011)
Korat-Isaan-Forum-Gast

Re: Outlook: Setting up POP/SMTP Email connection

Ungelesener Beitragvon Homer (?2011) » Mi Dez 05, 2007 4:47 pm

Thank's kC
i will try this out......

Zurück zu „Korat Internet & Technology“