Transportation to and from Korat

Looking for a Korat map, a doctor, dentist, lawyer, architect, taylor, webdesigner, interior designer, carpenter, handyman, electrician, construction company, real estate agent, school, private teacher, tour guide, travel agent, translator or a government office? Addresses, GE placemarks, phone numbers, pictures, drawings, maps etc. to help find your way around Korat in this section.
Isaan Rollie
Korat-Isaan-Forum-Gast

Transportation to and from Korat

Ungelesener Beitragvon Isaan Rollie » So Aug 13, 2006 12:10 pm

Originally posted on May 27, 2006 10:02 am

Bild

From the Railroad Station* of Nakhon Ratchasima trains on the Northeastern Line** go to Nongkai, Udonratchathani und Bangkok.

*Click name(in red) to download Google Earth placemark.
**Click name (
in blue) to view train schedule!

blue eyes
Korat-Isaan-Forum-Gast

Ungelesener Beitragvon blue eyes » So Aug 13, 2006 12:13 pm

Originally posted on May 29, 2006 5;:39 am

If no one meets me at the Airport in BKK*,and we're not renting a car,I like to take the train.Don Muang train station,just across the street from the airport,has trains going directly to Korat.

The wife hates taking the train;she says,taking the bus is much faster and costs less,too.Ok so! But I for myself like the train ride.I take the express AC 1st class in the morning.It is a great ride,relaxing.But I can do that only when I am travelling all alone.Otherwise we have WAY to much stuff: The wife and all. :wink: And at about 300 THB it's certainly no problem for me. Oh,I really love trains! :D

*Please click the name (in blue) to view the arrivals schedule.

Joe
Korat-Isaan-Forum-Gast

Ungelesener Beitragvon Joe » So Aug 13, 2006 12:17 pm

Originally posted on May 29, 2006 7:36 am

Certainly the train ride is a lot more enjoyable than the bus. You don't have to sit crammed into a narrow seat for hours; you can take a little walk from one end of the train to the other, streching and moving your legs, maybe even stand for a while. The aisles are not as narrow, too, it's not as bumpy as the bus ride, there's something for holding and guiding your way through the moving train, if you have to go somewhere; you're not as likely to take an embarrassing landing on somebody else's lap or an involuntary reflex grab on a fellow passenger's shoulder etc. at a sudden turn or a bump.

With the bus costing already 198 THB* (plus the taxi fare from the airport to Morchit 2) it's certainly worth the price! :D

*Blue Cherdchai bus # 21 (Ticket Booth # 49), leaving every 15 minutes around the clock. Ask where in Korat it is going ([b]Mor Kor Sor 1*
= old bus station or Mor Kor Sor 2* = new bus station**) before buying a ticket. That can take you closer to your destination or save transfer to the point of changing busses in Korat.

*Please click the name (in red) to download Google Earth placemarks!
**Please click the name (
in blue) to view departure and price info!

Zurück zu „Korat City Guide“