cow shit in fishpond

Cram everything in here that has to do with acquiring real estate and property in Korat and the Isaan, moving here, building an Isaan house, making it your Korat or Isaan home and existance etc. Who is a good architect, construction company, interior designer, carpenter, handyman etc here in the Isaan. Ask questions and contribute from your personal experience.
goldmonkey
Korat-Isaan-Tourist
cow shit in fishpond

Ungelesener Beitragvon goldmonkey » Fr Jun 29, 2012 7:54 pm

Hi members,
I`m Quite new here .My name is eric ,live at the moment in germany and will be moving shortly to korat.next week we are coming over for three months and have started to build .
I have read alot of the forum both english and german.there are some very interesting themes and advice.but up to now I have not found anything on here about fish ponds.Well to get to the point ,we had a fish pond dug out and used the earth as part of the filling for the foundation m,the hole soon filled with water because fo a good underground stream.in rainy season its about 2.5 meters deep dry season about 1.5mtrs.the water is a milky color I think its cause of the clay that the water passed through .anyway we introduced 200 tilapia fry two months ago.up till now only one floater(dead one) so I guess they are ok, frogs and tadpoles also seem to be thriving.
OK here`s my question.Has anyone ever heard about putting cow dung into the water to clear it??? it sounds a bit daft to me but my stepdaughter has put a load in and says it will clear it.that was 2 days ago and up to now no floaters.
Well thats it for now,I would love to hear what you members think or maybe those living over there could ask a few farmers or something .I will keep you guys posted if it works or not .bye for now,
Eric

Zurück zu „Settling & Construction“