DISHY SATELLITE ?

Cram everything in here that has to do with acquiring real estate and property in Korat and the Isaan, moving here, building an Isaan house, making it your Korat or Isaan home and existance etc. Who is a good architect, construction company, interior designer, carpenter, handyman etc here in the Isaan. Ask questions and contribute from your personal experience.
Naam Jai (?2008)
Korat-Isaan-Forum-Gast

DISHY SATELLITE ?

Ungelesener Beitragvon Naam Jai (?2008) » Mo Jul 16, 2007 1:55 pm

WANCHI ELECTRIC SHOP Chompol Road have a promotion on for Infosat Satellite dish including Receiver and Fixing at your home.
Digital C Band with 150 channels from 40 countries and 5.5ft remote movable dish costs 12900bht.NOT EXCESSIVE! There are more expensive and cheaper ones too with more/less channels etc....

Asiasat 3S gets you 72 channels many are in english but some are not. PAS 10 gets you 24 Indian channels. It gives aa alternative to sometime boring UBC. Does anyone have one and can they recommend this system?

I have UBC Gold but WANCHI says it can get pirate channels ESPN and STAR Sports but I'm not holding my breath.

dutch (†2012)
Korat-Isaan-Forum-Gast

Re: DISHY SATELLITE ?

Ungelesener Beitragvon dutch (†2012) » Mo Jul 16, 2007 2:57 pm

I have Dynasat F1.
I am not sure if it is allowed to discuss this on the forum(TV deletes it)
If OK, I can inform about what I can receive (satelites and programs)

Jazzman (?2010)
Korat-Isaan-Forum-Gast

Ungelesener Beitragvon Jazzman (?2010) » Sa Jul 26, 2008 10:00 pm

While I was away working in BKK a few months ago, my wife was conned into buying a satellite system with "hundreds of farang programmes". The lovely girl thought she was preparing a nice surprise for me but she did not know the difference of course between Chinese, Nepalese, Bhutanese, Urdu, Hindi, Mongolese, Tamil, Burmese, Vietnmese, Bhasa Malasia, Indonesian, and Tagalog. There were about 200 channels but not a single programme in English. I guess she thought that for 4,000 baht she was getting what we receive on cable in our apartment near Pattaya.

We ended up giving it to the in-laws so they can watch Indian karaoke. In Udon we searche everywhere for a satellite system that could get European and Oz programmes, but to no avail so we bought UBC Gold, but it is extremely expensive for what it is.

I would appreciate any advice as to how I can get some extra channels.

KoratCat
Thailand-Forum-Administrator

Ungelesener Beitragvon KoratCat » So Jul 27, 2008 8:47 am

I opened a thread on the alternative to satellite dishes "Downloading podcasts of your TV programmes" there

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=2203
Es gibt nichts Gutes, ausser man tut es! Erich Kästner, 1899 - 1974

Jazzman (?2010)
Korat-Isaan-Forum-Gast

Ungelesener Beitragvon Jazzman (?2010) » So Jul 27, 2008 9:56 am

Nobody in my household is allowed into my office. the family is expected to watch normal TV programmes in the bedrooms and living room. What we really need is to be able to get general live TV content. USB Gold has TV5 but no German programmes.
The cable selection we get in Nong Prue for only 100 baht per month is excellent. They get some pretty cool stuff in Nong Khai too, but the satellite shops in Udon only have that DTV stuff, and that's what my wife got sold.
I'm not a skinflint looking for free solutions. I would willing pay for the right stuff. It's getting it that's the problem.

Zurück zu „Settling & Construction“